In February of 2021, Orange County District Attorney David M. Hoovler announced the Rebound Program, a community program designed to help those who are struggling to succeed under the weight of a long-ago criminal record. Under the program, the District Attorney’s staff will assist people in obtaining and filing in court the appropriate forms to apply for the sealing of certain old convictions.
An old criminal record can follow you throughout your life, creating barriers to employment, housing, and more. For those who qualify, the Orange County District Attorney’s Office will work on your behalf to remove the barriers that prior convictions have erected, clearing the way for you to enjoy the fresh start you’ve earned.
Who is eligible?
You are eligible for consideration if you:
- Have been crime-free for at least 10 years since your conviction and/or release from prison (whichever is later), and
- Have two convictions or fewer on your criminal record (no more than two misdemeanor convictions OR one felony and one misdemeanor conviction), and
- Have no criminal cases currently pending, and
- Can demonstrate to the court that sealing your conviction(s) is appropriate.
Not all convictions may be sealed. Among other offenses, the following offenses may not be sealed:*
- Sex crimes
- Violent crimes
- Conspiracy or attempt to commit any Class A felony, or any felony charge related to homicide, sex crimes, or violent crimes
*List not all-inclusive
Contact the Orange County District Attorney’s Office to see if you qualify for assistance through its Rebound Program today:
Law enforcement fingerprint records are not affected by a sealing order. A consultation does not create an attorney-client relationship.