New York State Union of Police Associations, Inc. has endorsed Orange County District Attorney David M. Hoovler’s re-election campaign based on his “support for the law enforcement community” according to the announcement letter.
The New York State Union of Police Association is a statewide labor organization representing police officers, deputy sheriffs, and other law enforcement throughout New York State. The union provides a full range of services that include such areas as negotiations, disciplinary representation, grievances, improper practice charges at the New York State Public Employment Relations Board, and officer involved shootings and legislation. The organization handles over a dozen law enforcement agencies throughout the Hudson Valley.
“Our hope and expectation is on election day, that voters will acknowledge your commitment to the safety of those who live in and visit Orange County, and the law enforcement community who serve it,” said NYS Union of Police Associations President Anthony Solfaro. “NYSUPA will be urging its membership, their families, and their friends who reside in Orange County to support your election.”
This endorsement joins a growing list of law enforcement professionals who have put their support behind Hoovler’s campaign, including:
- New York State Fraternal Order of Police
- Orange County Sheriff Carl DuBois
- Orange County District Attorney’s Investigators Association
- Orange County Corrections Officers Benevolent Association
- Orange County Deputy Sheriffs Police Benevolent Association
- City of Newburgh Police PBA
- Town of Newburgh Police PBA
- City of Middletown Police PBA